If my dependent care needs change, can I change my election mid-year?

There are certain qualifying events that will allow you to change your dependent care election during the plan year. Some of these include:

  • Change in employment status or change in employment location (e.g., move from full-time to part-time or move to working remotely)
  • Loss of eligibility (e.g., reduction of hours)
  • Commencement of FMLA and return to work following FMLA
  • Daycare provider is closed/opens

If you have questions about a particular qualifying event, please contact us. To make a change in your election based on one of the above events, please contact your employer.